Sunday, July 3, 2011

You the best! No Budapest! & Bratislava

After the gallery in Vienna we were off to Budapest. Budapest was amazing. We also stayed in hotel rooms instead of hostels which was nice. We were in Budapest for two nights, which I was happy about. It was my favorite city out of all of the ones I was at during the 5 day trip. We first had dinner at a nice restaurant and had amazing goulash and wine. Hungry is wine country. After dinner we walked up around the palace. It was amazingly beautiful. Amazingly beautiful doesn't even do it justice. You could see all the lights of the city down below with the river going through it and the castle had an amazing glow to it. It was so romantic. My friend and I decided were going to Budapest for our honeymoons. We'll go up to the castle with a bottle of wine at night and enjoy the view. Walking around the castle there were a lot people that had the same idea. There was a lot of PDA. Some of it was soo cute you wanted to melt, some of it was too much and had an eww factor. But I think everyone fell in love with Budapest.

One of the people in charge of our group, Richard, grew up in Budapest and lived there for most of his life. He was really excited to take us to Hungry and Budapest. Our tour guide, Joseph, who is Czech, would talk about historical places and the history of Hungry and Budapest and would tease Richard through out the walks. Richard would tease right back making fun of the the Czech Republic. It was a lot of fun to see them joking back and forth.

The next day we walked through part of the town and went to a hot springs spa. Budapest is known for their hot springs. It was so nice. They had three pools outside. One was for laps, one had a little lazy river and was just like a regular pool, but it was a perfect temperature, not too hot or cold. The last pool was warm. It wasn't a hot tub temperature but it wasn't cool. It was so nice. There were also some pools and spas along with steam rooms inside the building surrounding the outside pools. I tried an acid hot tub. It was interesting. Most of the people at the hot springs spa were older, chubby people in speedos and bikinis. I liked that because that made me feel good about being in my bikini. No skinny girls and no cute guys to care. I liked the confidence the older people had.

We then went out to lunch, then I took a shower and went up a hike to the tallest point in Budapest. It was exhausting and hot but it was soooo worth it. The view was amazing. After that we went to a famous cafe above a book store. A friend and I shared a bottle of wine from Hungry and had dinner. It was sooo beautiful! My mom would have loved it. It reminded me of the place we went in England to have tea. They had a pianist playing too.

The next day we were off to Brataslavia in Slovakia. Slovakia and the Czech Republic used to be make up Czechoslovakia. I believe Hungry used to rule over Slovakia and now there is kind of a feud between Hungarians and Slovaks, because a lot of Hungarians live there still and speak only Hungry while the Slovaks have their own language that's very, very similar to Czech. We were only in Slovakia for a little bit of time.

We visited two castles. One of the castles was in Bratislava and the other one was 20 minutes away. The one 20 minutes away was more of ruins of a castle. It was in a little town that was just beautiful. There was a large river on one side of the castle. If you cross the river you'd be in Austria. Many of my friends swam across it. I decided to get gilato and chill in the shade instead. The castle had a very interesting history to it. I guess there was a woman ruler that died and the women wanted there to be another women ruler while the men thought there should be a male ruler. The women locked themselves in the castle and battled against the men. The men would try to poison their well water by catapulting dead bodies by the water supply. I was happy to hear they had feminists back centuries and centuries ago.

After the walk up to the castle I went and had gilato outside with some friends and it was just so beautiful. It's just one of those moments where you just feel purely happy and content. I had a lot of those moments on this trip. My mom would have loved this castle. This would be a good family vacation. Everyone needs to go to Prague and Budapest.

Oh I want to point out something. We took a bus to all these places. The bus's conditioner broke. It was horrible, especially the last day it was so hot. Everyone was sleeping with beads of sweat going down their faces. All the chocolate Ini and Pezi gave me was completely melted. But that did not stop me from waiting until it cooled down and hardened so I could eat it.

Dinner in Budapest

Amazing goulash

View of Budapest from the castle

Me in front of a fountain at the castle

The market

Another view from the castle

Hot springs spa

View of Budapest from the tallest point

The cafe


My dinner, wine, and ice tea


Bratislava. The Bridge was built by communists because they wanted to show Bratislava as being more modern. Bratislava is pretty modern now and is part of the European Union and on the euro

Cute town with the castle right outside Bratislava


Castle ruins. People are surrounding the well the men tried to poison.

Jewish magnets!! Very cute

No comments:

Post a Comment