Sunday, May 22, 2011

Best flight ever!


The British Airways flight from Chicago to London was probably the best flight I ever had. I was lucky and got a seat at the beginning of the economy class so I had a ton of legroom, my legs didn’t even touch the wall. I sat in the middle section of seating and had an aisle seat. The person that was supposed to sit in between me and the other guy that had an aisle seat, Vince, didn’t show up so I didn’t have to sit next to anyone and was able to spread out. Vince is a 29 year old that’s from Barrington, IL that is going to Madrid to study abroad for his masters. We talked for a good portion of the flight, which made it go a lot faster. The best part of the flight was the TVs that came up from the seats that had clickers. Using the clicker I was able to play video games!! So fricken awesome. I sucked at racing. You could play multiplayer too.
Also, the food was pretty great. Vince and I traded meals, I took his chicken curry and gave him my pasta. When I told the flight attendants that I wanted to drink Tomato Juice they thought it was funny I said the word tomato differently than them. While at Heathrow airport in London standing in line, or as they call it “queue,” I heard a lady talking and said “stupid Americans.” I didn’t hear what the context was but still…rude, I’m right behind you. But everyone else seems really nice; I’m loving the English accent. Cept the police with the AK47s are kinda scary.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad your long travel day was good! I was so worried about you and that your day would be long and difficult, that my day was long and difficult :) I am looking forward to reading more....upload pics too<3

    ReplyDelete