Friday, May 27, 2011

My first experiences in Prague!!


I don’t even know where to begin. This is the first time I’ve had enough free time at my apartment this whole week. I’ve been soo busy! And in a half hour I’m going to go another student’s apartment because him and his friends are making dinner. All the other students here are great, we all get along so well. Over just a couple days we became good friends. I have 6 roommates and they’re awesome. My apartment is huge!! And it’s really nice too! Except the bathroom has two toilets…I don’t understand why there needs to be two.
I haven’t been in my apartment too much, I’ve been all over. I’ve had class, which is pretty fun. I’m starting to not fall asleep in class and not get lost on my way there. Yesterday I went with some friends to check out the John Lennon wall and the Charles bridge. It was sooo pretty! I also wrote on the wall. The wall and the bridge  were in the very touristy part of Prague and they had some cute shops. We had a regular Czech dinner at a restaurant with Pilsner beer. It had way too much meat though, and gnats kept on flying into my meal. I had goulash soup and that was pretty good. I’ve been to a lot of cafes and pubs. Everything is fairly cheap and a lot of people speak English and are nice. I take the metro and trams everywhere. Their metro is so nice and clean! It’s the exact opposite of the loop.
I have soo much left to say but I need to get ready and leave for dinner! I went to a lot of WWII memorials and concentration camps today and tomorrow I’m going to go to Moravia to go to an art gallery, walk through gardens, and do wine taste testing. The trip to Moravia is going to be amazing! I’ll have to write about both those things the next time I have some free time. Ahoj!

No comments:

Post a Comment